Here’s How To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You To Let In & Create The Life You Truly Want
In this post, I’m going to share tips for how to let go of what no longer serves you so that you can create the life you want.
Are you feeling like your energy is constantly drained and you are stuck? It might be time to let go of what’s holding you back.
We all know what it feels like to be stuck. To be in a situation where we feel like we’re doing everything right, but somehow things just aren’t going the way we want them to.
We can see what we want so clearly, but it seems just out of reach. Trust me when I say that I’ve been there.
In order to move forward, manifest what you truly desire and be happy, it is essential that you let go of what no longer serves you.
Even though letting go is a natural part of life, it can be difficult to do because we often hold onto things out of fear, habit or comfort.
However, if we want to create space for new experiences and opportunities, it is important to release the old.
So, don’t let what’s not working hold you back any longer. It’s time to move on and live the life you’re meant to live.
Let’s get started.
- Examples of things to let go that no longer serve you
- Letting Go Of What No Longer Serves You
- Let Go and Leave The Situation
- 7 Steps To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You
- Raise Your Vibrations & Practice Gratitude
- Connect With Yourself To Let Go Of Things That Don't Serve You
- Practice Self Love To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You
- Identify The Things That Are Not Serving You
- Decide To Make Positive Changes
- Choose To Be Consistent With Positive Changes
- Be Open to Letting In New Possibilites & Opportunities
- How To Identify What Doesn't Serve You
- How To Know When It's Time To Let Go Of Something
- What Happens When You Don't Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You
- How To Reframe Your Thoughts About Letting Go Being Negative
- How To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You – Take Away
Examples of things to let go that no longer serve you
- taking things too personally
- ideal situations that aren’t real
- what other people think of you
- being inauthentic
- living in fear of the unknown
- living in the past
- material things like clothes and house
- certain aspects of situations
- your job and career
Letting Go Of What No Longer Serves You
Simply put, if you’re unhappy in a current situation, you need to let go of:
- the things that don’t serve you
- the situation altogether
Let go of things that don’t serve you in your current situation
Letting go doesn’t always mean that you have to cut something or someone out of your life.
It doesn’t always mean that you need to throw out something material that is not working out for you.
In these situations, you can let go of unhealthy attachments and only the things that don’t serve you and work on making your situation better.
Instead of pouring your energy into what isn’t working, take some time to assess the things you don’t like about your situation. Then shift your focus to putting your energy into the things that align with making your situation better.
A couple of examples could be your relationship with a significant other or a job that you dislike.
Instead of continuing to pour your energy into what isn’t working and complaining about it or being frustrated about it, try doing something positive to change your outlook and ultimately, your experience with your situation.
Most times, the act of letting go of negative habits, like complaining, and replacing it with positive, healthy habits like practicing gratitude is all that is necessary to cause a positive change in your situation.
Let Go and Leave The Situation
Of course, there are times when you have to completely cut loose and walk away from a situation.
These are often those situations where you have no control over the other elements involved (especially other people).
In these situations, you may find yourself constantly pouring your energy into something that is taking and not giving back.
Perhaps you’re pouring your energy into an attachment of what you want the situation to be and not what it actually is. This will definitely lead to alot of low vibe emotions of frustration, stress, feelings of rejection and sadness.
You may even feel like a failure. But the truth is that you’re not failing, you’re simply putting your energy into something that isn’t real – that isn’t serving you.
Instead, redirect your energy into accepting the person and the situation as they truly are.
Then observe, trust your energy, emotions and your intuition.
In effect, you’re letting go of the version of the situation you want it to be and seeing the reality.
This awareness will allow you to make the best decision for yourself more easily.
7 Steps To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You
- Raise your vibrations & Practice gratitude
- Connect with yourself
- Practice self love
- Identify what isn’t serving you
- Choose to make positive changes and be consistent
- Commit to letting go
- Be Open to Letting In New Possibilites & Opportunities
Raise Your Vibrations & Practice Gratitude
Replace complaining with gratitude.
Raise your vibrations -when you waise your vibrations, negativity and things that don’t align will leave you
You will love these popular posts:
- 11 Powerful & Easy Ways To Use Gratitude To Manifest Abundance & What You Want
- 41 Powerful Gratitude Quotes To Inspire You To Manifest Abundance Easily Using Law Of Attraction
- Gratitude List: 201 Things To Be Grateful For In Life
- How To Manifest Something Easier & Faster Using The Power Of Gratitude
- 21 Gratitude Journal Prompts That Will Change Your Life
Connect With Yourself To Let Go Of Things That Don’t Serve You
Use journaling to connect with yourself and your values.
Honor your needs.
Allow yourself to be authentic.
You will attract the right things and people into your life.
Use meditation to connect with yourself.
You may also love these popular posts:
- 35 Journal Prompts To Forgive Yourself And Someone Else Quickly
- 21 Gratitude Journal Prompts That Will Change Your Life
- 77 Shadow Work Journal Prompts For Healing, Letting Go & Personal Growth
- 45 Self Love Journal Prompts To Drastically Improve Your Life
- 55 Powerful Journal Prompts To Remove Negative Blocks & Limiting Beliefs About My Relationship
Practice Self Love To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You
Ultimately you will love yourself in the best way.
Everything you are seeking in other people or in situations, are already within you – you just have to learn how to truly love yourself and give yourself the love you deserve.
When you love yourself you are able to give the best of yourself to your loved ones. You will also be able to handle letting go with kindness, grace and respect for you and for the other person or thing involved.
Once you put in the work in these three steps, it will become easier for you to identify and let go of what doesn’t serve you.
You may love these posts:
- 21 Ways To Manifest Self Love – How To Fall In Love With Yourself Again
- 53 Self Love Mantras – Positive Affirmations For Self Love
- 29 Rose Quartz Affirmations To Love Yourself More & Attract Love
Identify The Things That Are Not Serving You
Once you’ve done the work above, it should be easier for you to identify what isn’t serving you that you need to let go of.
Start by asking yourself this one important question, “what am I feeling in this situation?”
Write down everything that comes up.
If you realize that you are experiencing any of the lower level vibration emotions, ask yourself if you feel comfortable with your feelings or if you’re ready and willing to release these feelings and let go of the situation.
If you need more help in identifying the things you need to let go of, try these next 2 steps.
– Write About Your Ideal Situation
This step allows you to identify what you do want.
Write down all the things you would like to happen in your ideal situation.
– Assess Your Current Situation
Describe the reality of your current situation. Don’t write about the way you see and think of your situation. Try to stick to the facts of the situation.
Write about the ways in which your current situation differs from your ideal situation.
This will help to identify specific things you need to let go of that will make your ideal situation a reality.
Sometimes, you may need to let go of the situation or relationship and other times, you may need to let go of the story you have been telling yourself and the meaning or attachment that you’ve placed on the situation or person.
Decide To Make Positive Changes
Redirecting your negative energy to positive energy will help you transform your situation.
Make the decision to make the positive changes necessary to let go of the things in your situation that are leading to you feeling lower level emotions.
Being consistent with making positive changes and practicing gratitude can allow you to let go much easier than you ever thought.
Choose To Be Consistent With Positive Changes
Making the choice to be consistent with positive changes will help you to stick to building new habits. It will help you to put things in place so that consistency is easier for you.
Commit To Letting Go Of The Things That Don’t Align With Your Desires
In many cases, the act of letting go of what doesn’t serve you isn’t as precise as it sounds.
Letting go can sometimes be a process over time.
It can involve consistently choosing to honor your values, staying true to yourself and aligning your habits with what you want in life.
Be Open to Letting In New Possibilites & Opportunities
Once you allow yourself to be open to new opportunities, you will be able to spot them and decide if it’s good for you.
Being open to the possibility of what could be makes it easy for you to realize that you are more capable than you ever thought.
How To Identify What Doesn’t Serve You
Learning how to know what to let go of is easy once you do the work to connect with yourself and become aware of your emotions.
To put it simply, if you are experiencing low level vibrations or emotions (as in the vibrations chart below), it’s time to let go of the things that are causing it.
If you experience these emotions, it’s time to let it go:
Let it go if you feel as though:
- Your energy is drained
- Constantly feeling tired physically
- Mentally exhausted
- Complaining alot
- Feeling stuck
- Feeling resistant
How To Know When It’s Time To Let Go Of Something
The easiest way to know when it’s time to let go, is to be aware of the energy you feel.
Energy does not lie.
Notice how the thing or situation is making you feel.
When something is positive and adds value to your life and is good for you, you feel energized and excited. You feel happy and motivated.
Even if at times you feel like it’s hard, for the most part this thing makes you feel good! You feel good to give your energy to it and you’re getting back good, positive outcomes and energy.
On the other hand, if you consistently feel depleated or drained in particular situations, that’s how you know it’s time to let go. If you realize that you’re pouring your energy and self into the situation and not getting back anything, it’s time to let go.
For instance, if there is a person in your life who constantly complains or engages in toxic behaviors and you feel drained being around them or communicating with them, it’s best to let that relationship go.
If you’re holding on to a property that is sucking you dry, it’s probably time to let it go. It has served its purpose but you no longer need it.
What Happens When You Don’t Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You
When you hold on to things that no longer serves a purpose in your life, it will drain your energy and happiness.
You will no longer be able to see opportunities and you may make choices that don’t add value to your life.
Ultimately, you will have no time or space to let anything good into your life.
How To Reframe Your Thoughts About Letting Go Being Negative
How to think of letting go as something positive instead of somehting negative, like loss.
Here’s how to reframe your thinking about letting go being a negative thing.
- is an ending but also a beginning
- can be transformational for you
- can allow you to emerge stronger, happier and more successful
- doesn’t mean you’re a quitter
- means that you are wise enough to know that continuing to put your energy in that situation is not beneficial to your life and that it’s time to pivot
- doesn’t just mean that you’re saying no to something, it means that you’re saying yes to something else
- means you are saying yes to something better
How To Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You – Take Away
So, as you can see it is extremely important to let go of what no longer serves you in order to make room for what you truly want in life.
While this can be a difficult and painful process, it is necessary and definitely worth it in the end.
By letting go, you will be able to create the life you have always wanted.
Remember to be patient with yourself, take things one step at a time, and trust that you are capable of making the healthy choice of letting go so that you can create the life you desire.
Posts To Help You Manifest Anything In Your Life
- How To Raise Your Vibrations In 7 Easy Ways
- How To Easily Identify & Follow The Path Of Least Resistance
- How To Reframe Self Limiting Beliefs To Manifest Something Want
- How To Use Visualization To Manifest What You Want
- 15 Easy, Small Things To Manifest For Beginners
- Easy, Powerful 3 Step Morning Gratitude High Vibe Routine
- 45 Love Affirmations To Manifest & Attract Love
You will love these affirmations
- 53 Powerful Positive Affirmations To Trust Your Intuition
- 53 Powerful Positive Affirmations To Overcome Money Spending Anxiety
- 53 Positive Wednesday Affirmations For An Uplifting Midweek Boost
- 11 Powerful Positive Affirmations for Peace & Calm
- 37 Free Phone Affirmation Wallpapers Backgrounds
- 53 Positive Affirmations For Women: Live A Happy, Fulfilling Life
- 31 Postitive Affirmations For Students: Unlock Your Academic Potential